By afrolatinoproject.org | July 11, 2014
- ➢ It is an options survey which, through creative online and offline methods, allows people across the world to tell the United Nations the most important issues they would like the post-2015 agenda to address.
- ➢ MY World asks individuals which six of sixteen possible issues they think would make the most difference to their lives. They cover the existing MDGs, plus issues of sustainability, security, governance and transparency.How will it work?
- ➢ The survey is available online here in sixteen languages.Citizens will also be able to participate in this survey through mobile technologies suchas SMS and IVR (toll-free phone numbers)
- ➢ The survey will also be available offline in paper form in nine languages. The collectionof offline votes is vital in reaching out directly into communities and drawing thedigitally disconnected, illiterate and poorest communities into the global debate.
- ➢ Participants will be asked their gender, age and country, to allow for disaggregation ofdata and to present decision makers with an accurate global picture of what citizens think.What will happen to the survey results?➢ Results, available at http://data.myworld2015.org/, will be submitted to the High Level Panel before they present their final report to the Secretary General to advise him on their vision of the post-2015 development agenda.
How can you get involved with MY World?
A dedicated toolkit is available to all partners online as well as a point person in the core team to assist with outreach and engagement in your network.
- ➢ Register as a partner at partner.myworld2015.org
- ➢ Reach out to existing partners, local organizations and members and encouragethem to participate.
- ➢ Administer the survey offline in local communities by distributing ballot cards,gathering results and sending the data to our regional focal points.
- ➢ Help drive traffic to www.myworld2015.org through external networks andcommunications platforms (websites, news bulletins and social media activities).
- ➢ Engage with other potential partners (for example, mobile phone providers and mediaoutlets) to facilitate the reach and impact of MY World.
- ➢ Send news! Collect photos, videos and stories of those engaging in MY World.